Employee Type: Regular
Employment duration: Full time
Location: Salud Medical Center
Offer Relocation?: No
Bilingual English-Spanish candidates fill an important role in our dental office assisting dentists at chair side, greeting patients, and preparing them for treatment. Help keep the office running smoothly by making sure the dental department is stocked, clean, and equipment is properly sterilized and in good working order. Dental Assistants may also provide back-up support in the front office occasionally, greeting and registering patients, answering phones, and filing.
We offer a hiring bonus plus generous benefits package and family-oriented working environment.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED, and completion of an accredited expanded functions dental assistant program.
- Experience: 1-2 years' experience as a dental assistant preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Dental Assisting National Board of Radiology Proficiency and EFDA certification preferred. EFDA certification within 90 days of hire. CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: KNOWLEDGE - Dental anatomy, dental materials and instruments, infection control techniques, and oral health care instruction. SKILLS - Bilingual in English/Spanish with demonstrated ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Good manual dexterity and coordination, read and write dental and some medical terminology, accurately record dental charting and vital signs, accurately expose radiographs and mount them at a diagnostically acceptable level (with a minimum of retakes). Basic computer skill and knowledge. ABILITIES - Personable, like to work with people of all ages including children, perform four-handed dental assisting: instrument transfer, oral evacuation, cement mixing, and spatulation, perform BLS and call emergency personnel.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.